How to run a NOVA Test
Use the following instructions to run a NOVA test.
- Enter the charge request first.
- A sticker will print that contains all of the info to run the test and create a place in Vetstar for the results to upload.
- Enter All info into the NOVA machine and ensure accuracy.
- This includes the MR#, last name, and accession number (visit #). The accession number is very important because it links the results to the correct account when uploaded into Vetstar. If this number is not entered, the results will sit it a “queue” space until they are manually moved to the correct account.
- Ensure that the patient info you are entering is the correct info for your patient.
Important: It is Vital that all info entered into the NOVA is accurate. Once the test is run, the info cannot be altered. For example, if the wrong last name was entered on your sample, it cannot be changed once complete.