ClassTech Important Changes for AY21 & Joining a Live Session (Students)
This document includes an brief overview of important changes for academic year 2021 (AY21); specifically impact on use of classroom technology when participating in didactic lectures for VM1, VM2, and VM3 during AY21. This article focuses on the basics of joining and navigating within an Echo360 Live session.
To accommodate physical distancing, for a given class students will sit in multiple classrooms. The instructor will be in one room, and the lecturer will be simulcast to several additional rooms containing enrolled students. The instructors will rotate which room instruction is given in. The simulcast will include projection of the presented slides, a webcam view of the instructor, and the instructors audio. For student engagement, the Echo360 Live platform will be utilized. Students will login into the Echo360 Live session for the specific class and can participate in real time polls, quizzes, and ask questions of the instructor through the discussion chat feature. Additional instructors or coordinators may help to moderate the discussion queue. Echo360 Live will also allow students that cannot attend in person for health reasons to engage with the class in real time. The video below shows how to find and join the correct Echo360 Live session, and basic navigation of the streaming view.
- Recommended Echo360 Browsers - Windows: Chrome, Edge, Firefox (latest versions), Mac: Safari acceptable, Chrome or Firefox recommended.
- Log into Echo360 Live session
- Go to https://login.echo360.org/
- Login with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Select Courses
- Select the current Course (or use search to search by name)
- Click on Echo360 Live Stream for each lecture in this course (will have "Live" icon next to it)
- Customizing Echo360 Live view: See video link above on how to control various panels including the Live feed, slides / polling questions, etc.