How do I insert and caption embedded clips into Panopto?
This article summarizes how to add and caption embedded clips in Panopto.
To add a captioned video clip to another video in Panopto, first caption the video clip using the directions below. If you have already captioned your video, skip to step 6. For more information, see How to add ASR captions to Panopto.
In the video CLIP:
1. Locate the video clip you will be inserting into the main video. Click on edit (the pencil icon) to open editing mode.
2. In the left navigation bar, click Captions. Click on "import captions" and select "import automatic captions" from the dropdown menu. This may take a moment for longer videos.
3. Edit the captions as necessary, correcting any typos by clicking on the captions that appear in the left side of the screen.
4. When done captioning, click the green Apply button in the upper right corner of the screen.
In the MAIN VIDEO:
1. Navigate to the video into which you will be inserting your clip. Click on edit (the pencil icon) to open editing mode.
2. From the timeline, click on the location where you wish to insert the clip. From the left side of the timeline menu, click on the plus icon and select "Add a clip" from the dropdown menu.
3. Select the appropriate video and click Insert.
4. You will see the newly inserted clip in Panopto.
5. If you have not already captioned the main video, follow steps 1-4.
6. Once all edits have been made, click the green Apply button at the top right corner of the page. The video edits may take some time to process.