SANDI - Client & Patient Setup
The following instructions explain how to setup a new client or patient.
Video Training Link: SANDI - Client Patient Setup
SANDI Client & Patient Lookup/Addition
- Select Reception
- Select Registration
- Select Walk In Registration
- Search to ensure that the owner does not have an existing account. An owner should only have one account; therefore we must search for an existing account before we create a new account. Often someone other than the owner may be present with the patient. The patient must go on the owners account and not the other representative.
- Important: Do not create nor use accounts that contain multiple names for the client such as John & Mary Smith. Do not use a VADDS account.
- Owners last name
- Owners last name/patient name
- Phone number
- Phone with area code: 2173335300
- Partial phone number: 217333
- Phone without area code: 3335300
- If the owner account exists it will be displayed and you can either select Add Patient, if it does NOT exist, or select Register
- If the owner account does NOT exist you can select the Add Client [Please search first]
Adding a New Client and/or Patient
Note: Fields in red are required.
- Select the Add Client [Please search first] button and the Account Number will auto fill.
- Fill out the Client information.
- Tip: Be sure to tab through the field.
- Client Name: ALWAYS enter it as lastname, firstname, middle initial (Smith, John N) OR Company Name if applicable.
- Address 1 & 2: Do not use any punctuation (Use PO not P.O.)
- Zip: Enter the zip code and the city/state will auto populate
- Email: Always enter an email if the customer has one. If the owner does not have an email enter “none” in the field
- Primary Phone: This will be the cell phone most of the time.
- Work Phone:
- Land Line:
- Alternate Phone:
- Salutation: You can select from the drop down or can press Enter and type the salutation and Enter to select
- Status: You can select from the drop down or can press Enter and type the status and Enter to select (If the owner does not have a status, leave the line blank.)
- Client Type: Default is owner. You can also select from the drop down or can press Enter and type the client type and Enter to select .
- Credit Card: Enter the card number the owner would like on file
- Exp: Enter the expiration date
- Discount %: Default is blank/no discount
- Social Security #:
- Drivers License: Enter the expiration date
- Account Type: Default is Normal. You can can select from the drop down or can press Enter and type the Account Type and Enter to select.
- Date of Birth: Clients date of birth
- Enter any Alternate name and Type that the owner may use. Select New Alternate Name if there are multiples.
- Once finished you may Submit which saves the client and takes you back to the previous screen. If you need to add a patient select Submit & Add Patient to go to a patient addition screen.
Adding a New Patient
Note: Fields in red are required.
- Begin by entering the patient name then complete the rest of the patient information entry. (VERIFY proper spelling.)
- Important: Verify Proper spelling of the patient name. If you make a mistake you cannot fix it and must email medical records. (email@example.com)
- Tip: Be sure to tab through the field versus using enter.
- Lookup of Breed, Color or Sex: You can press enter when on these fields, type 3 or more characters and press enter and you will have selection box
- Patient Age Years, Patient Age Months, Patient Age Weeks, Patient Age Days
- If the actual birth is not known but the owner says 4 1/2 years, you can type 4 in the Patient Age Years field and 6 in the Patient Age Months and tab to the Patient birth and it will calculate and auto fill back 4 1/2 years from today's date.
- If known you can just enter the birth date YYYY-MM-DD (Example: January 1st, 2019 would be entered as 2019-01-01)
- MR#: Enter the Medical Record Number to be assigned.
- Referring Vet(rDVM): Use the blue magnifying glass to lookup a partial name and display additional information such as address to further verify the correct rDVM.
- Important: It is very important to pick the correct rDVM or records will be sent to the wrong rDVM.
- You will NOT, come back to this screen to update rDVM information. That should be done on the registration screen OR contact Medical Records with the update.
- Chip #:
- Insurance Company:
- Policy #:
- Alerts: Enter the alert verbiage. Select New Alert Row to add additional alerts.
- Alerts: Use alerts to communicate information about the patient. For example: pateint bites, agressive dog, etc. F4 to lookup and select.
- Do not use alerts for important thing regarding the patient or owner that should be updated within their records.
- Alias: this may be used if the registered name of the pet differs from the commonly used name. For example: Itsy Bitsy is registered name but the patient is called Bitsy.
- Submit to save or Submit & Add Patient if another patient needs to be entered.