X-ray Lab Software Information
Information about the software used by the UIUC School of Chemical Sciences X-ray Lab.
SHELX Homepage – Manuals, tutorials, descriptions of the different versions of SHELX, how to obtain the software.
- SHELX Tutorials
- SHELXLE – A cute graphical interface for SHELX
- A Guide to Using the SHELXTL Crystallographic Software Package, XSHELL version, 2004 – Guide in PDF format by Gregory S. Girolami (To navigate the manual, click on bookmarks, then double click on the section you wish to view)
- A Guide to Using SHELXTL XP, NT Version, 2000 – Guide in PDF format by Gregory S. Girolami, Julia L. Brumaghim, James G. Priepot, and Jon P. Goveia (Table of Contents has links to coinciding contents in the body of the text)
- Using Free Variables and Restraints, 1999 (pdf) – by Gregory S. Girolami
- SHELXTL97 Manual University of California, San Francisco, Macromolecular Structure Group
Wingx, OLEX2, ORTEP-3, PLATON, other miscellaneous software
WinGX – Ortep-3
Louis Farrugia’s Software for Crystallography tutorials and examples – software downloads
Center for X-ray Crystallography, University of Florida Crystal Structure Visualization Software for Various Platforms
The International Union of Crystallography site has links to software sites and also to crystallography organizations, labs, etc.
PLATON is available for various platforms with explanations and manuals.