Learn@Illinois Moodle - Restricting Access
Learn how to restrict the access of certain activities or resources. Instructors commonly use this to prevent particular sections from accessing material or prevent students from seeing material until a particular date.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: https://go.illinois.edu/MoodleRestrictAccess
- Click on the activity or resource for which you would like to restrict access.
- In the upper right corner, click on the blue Actions menu gear and select Edit settings.
- Scroll down and click Restrict access.
- Click Add restriction....
- Choose the type of restriction. Restriction by Date, Group, and Grouping are the most commonly used. For more information on each setting, see Restrict access settings.
- Click Save and display.