How do I Edit an Incident Ticket in TDNext?
This document shows you how to make changes or corrections to the original incident ticket.
This job aid uses default terms and forms as examples to illustrate how to use specific functions and complete tasks within TDNext. Your unit’s configuration of TDNext may differ from what you see in this job aid. Consult your unit’s training materials and/or your unit administrator for questions or clarifications.
Terms and Definitions
Incident – An ITIL term used to describe an unplanned interruption to an IT Service or a reduction in the quality of an IT Service.
Responsible Group or Individual – A TDX term used to describe the person or persons (group) responsible for proper execution for getting the job done.
Classification – A TDX term used to refer to different kinds of tickets, such as Incident, Service Request, Problem, Change, etc.
Type – A term used to refer to various ticket types that are determined and set up by the user’s unit. Types refer to specific topic areas for tickets within Categories (for example, Category would be "Communication and Collaboration," but the Type would be "Email and Calendar"). Ticket Types can also be associated with specific SLAs, Time Types, and Expense Accounts.
For more TDX terms and definitions, please refer to the Glossary.
As you work tickets, you may need to make changes or corrections to the original ticket. The Edit button on the menu bar allows you to make revisions to a ticket, such as updating content in the original fields in a ticket, changing the ticket form associated with that ticket, associating the ticket with a different Knowledge Base article, or revising the Impact or Urgency status of a ticket.
Remember that the ticket form used is specific to the ticket classification and will determine the fields you see in the ticket. The Edit feature does not allow you to see the Attachment feature or any items that are already attached to a ticket.
- Locate and open the ticket you want to edit by clicking on the ticket ID number or ticket Title.
- Click the Edit button on the menu bar at the top of the ticket.
- Make the necessary edits to any required fields in the Edit Incident window.
NOTE: To cancel your changes without saving and go back to the original ticket information, click <- To Detail at the top of the ticket.
- To make a change to the original Acct/Dept that was selected when the ticket was created, type the Acct/Dept name in the search box or use the drop-down menu to look for the Acct/Dept.
- To save your edits, click the Save button in the top left corner of the ticket.
- Click the X in the upper right corner of the window to close the Edit Incident window and return to the ticket application.
NOTE: This opens the Edit Incident window which displays the ticket fields that can be edited. The image below provides an example of the Edit Incident window.
NOTE: A message appears at the top of the Edit Incident window stating "Changes saved".