Zoom - Hosts - Changing user authentication settings for Zoom meetings
This article will provide information on how to change Zoom meeting settings for recurring Zoom meetings that were created BEFORE January 19th, 2021.
As of January 19th, 2021, the security setting titled "Only authenticated users can join" is enabled by default when scheduling Zoom meetings.
Your Zoom settings have already been changed for future meetings because of this January 19th, 2021 event. So scheduling a Zoom meeting or recurring series of Zoom meetings will automatically have the security setting enabled and there is nothing you need to do.
This change does NOT affect recurring Zoom meetings created before January 19th, 2021. You will have to edit the security settings of each of these events. Information on how to do this is shown below.
*When you enable this setting there will be two options to choose from in a dropdown menu:
1. Sign into Zoom.us: Requires attendees to sign into a free Zoom account (or create an account if they do not already have one). This encompasses Illinois email accounts; so Zoom accounts of University of Illinois members can still join the meeting with their account as normal.
2. Illinois email accounts: Requires attendees to sign into a University of Illinois Zoom account. Emails ending in @illinois.edu, @uillinois.edu, @uic.edu, and @uis.edu. (Pro tip: You can add email endings to this list from the Zoom.us settings tab in a web browser by clicking "Edit" next to Illinois email accounts.
Changing a Zoom recurring series' security settings (Zoom.us)
1. Open Zoom.us in a web browser. If you are not already signed in, please sign in using SSO. (The domain is illinois.zoom.us)
2. Click on Meetings to open your scheduled meetings. Then click Edit next to one of the zoom meetings in the series.
3. Be sure to click Edit All Occurrences to ensure this settings change affects all meetings in the series.
4. Scroll down to the Security section of the meeting settings and checkmark the setting titled: Require authentication to join
5. Click Save at the bottom of the page to keep this change.
6. That meeting series is now more secure! You can now close the browser.
Note: You must do the above steps for each recurring Zoom series that was created before January 19th, 2021.
Changing a Zoom recurring series' security settings (Zoom client)
1. Open Zoom and sign in (with SSO).
2. Select the Meetings button at the top of the Home page to view your scheduled meetings.
3. Find the recurring Zoom series you want to edit and select it to highlight it in blue.
4. Click Edit. This will open a web browser and direct you to the meeting settings discussed on step 4 of the above procedure.
5. Checkmark the security setting to Require user authentication to join. Click Save. Done!
From now on, when you schedule Zoom meetings, attendees will be required to sign into Zoom before joining.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact your ACES IT Pro. You can find your department's IT contact information here: https://techsupport.aces.illinois.edu/departmental-it-offices