Phishing, How to report a phishing email
To report a suspicious email message, follow the steps below to send it as an attachment to the campus email monitoring system.
To see if your suspicious message has already been reported, visit the Phishing Alerts website at this link. This site tracks university-targeted and -branded messages, not generic spam. If your suspicious message is not university-specific, and/or it's not listed on that site, sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org is a very helpful way to contribute to the overall security of our campus email environment.
- In Outlook (Mac and Windows), open a new blank email
- Address it to: email@example.com
- Go back to your Inbox and select the suspicious email
- Drag and drop it into the body of the new message (alternatively, you can use the directions listed in this article)
- (Optional) Fill in a subject line and/or add a message
- Send the email
The spam filtering system is automated. You will not receive a response.
If you have any questions or aren't sure whether something is legitimate, we encourage you to contact the Help Desk for assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-244-0812.