SCS Receiving, Mail Room, Copy Services and Fixed Asset Inventory
Information about SCS Receiving, Mail Room, Copy Services and Fixed Asset Inventory.
School of Chemical Sciences Receiving / Mail Room COVID-19 Response:
Facility Hours (Effective 7-13-2020): 8:30am-12:00pm and 1pm-4:30pm (Monday-Friday)
Ship Outs: Accepted 8:30am-2:00pm (Monday-Friday)
Key Issue / Returns: 8:30-12:00pm; 12:30 - 4pm (Monday-Friday)
SCS Receiving / Mailroom Staff
29A Roger Adams Lab
Mail & Duplicating217.333.1974
For questions and ordering e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ship Outs / Receiving
DEADLINE: 2:00pm Daily (Monday-Friday)*
FedEx and UPS outgoing packages must be left in round Hallway Ship Out Deck Box outside Receiving no later than 2:00pm in order to be shipped out same day. Due to size or packaging issues some items may have a delayed outgoing time.
- A physical delivery address is required. No PO boxes accepted.
- The university, institution, or company name must be included for all applicable recipients.
- Phone numbers must include area and/or country code.
- REQUIRED for ALL international shipments: Contact name, Phone number, Email address.
- RECOMMENDED for all international shipments: Provide information for TWO contacts. The exception is if only documents are being sent.
- Direct questions to email@example.com. (Questions must be addressed and package with completed form delivered to Ship Out Shelf by 2:00pm in order for package to be shipped out same day.)
Official Address Format for Incoming Mail
School of Chemical Sciences
University of Illinois
[Room #], [Building name], [Box #]
600 S. Mathews Ave.
Urbana, IL 61801-3602
Keys and Swipe Card Access
Appointment is required for keys to be issued.
Procedure for requesting keys:
- Only faculty or departmental staff can approve key requests.
- A Key Requisition Form (PDF) must be filled out and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org the PI or departmental staff member.
- NOTE: If using Firefox, you must download the form and open with Acrobat, as Firefox does not support fillable forms in-browser.
- SCS Receiving staff will contact the student directly to set up an appointment to pick up the requested key(s).
- Physical (hard-copy) key request forms are no longer preferred.
Procedure for returning keys:
- During Business Hours:
- You may request an appointment to return keys by emailing email@example.com.
- Verification of keys you are responsible for is required.
- After Hours:
- Put the key(s) into a sealed envelope with your first and last name and NetID.
- Drop the envelope into the Key and Form Drop Box outside of the Receiving Office at 29 Roger Adams Lab.
Copies, Binding, Faxes, Etc.
Allow a minimum of 24 hours for all copy jobs. Emergency requests will be reviewed to determine if able to accomodate during normal hours of operation.
Lost and Found
LOST - Check the SCS Mail Room inside 29A RAL to see if your lost item has been turned in.
FOUND - Turn in found items to SCS Mail Room inside 29A RAL.