Canvas, Use Respondus to Publish a Test
Instructions to use Respondus to connect to Canvas and publish a test.
Respondus is available for download from the UofI Webstore http://go.illinois.edu/respondus
- From the Start tab, set the Current Personality to Canvas. Note: if you are publishing a test from another Learning Management System (Blackboard Learn/Compass 2g or Moodle), you will be asked to convert the file by clicking “OK” and you can choose to overwrite the test file or rename it.
- Navigate to the Preview and Publish Tab, click Publish on the left navigation menu, then click Publish Wizard.
- Select Add New Server from the drop-down menu and click Next
- You will see the Add New Server Settings window. Leave the radio button toggled for “Yes, check for preconfigured server settings” and click Next.
- Type a name to describe this Canvas server such as Illinois Canvas. Enter your NetID and password and click Next. Note: do not tick the check box to save the User Name and Password. Canvas at Illinois uses Shibboleth Single Sign On and you will need to enter your password for each new Respondus session.
- You will be prompted to log into Canvas using the browser window. Click Ok.
- The Canvas Authorization log in window will appear. Enter your NetID and password and click Login to authenticate using your two-factor authentication method.
- You will see a popup that says Respondus LockDown Browser is requesting access to your account. Click Authorize. Note: Canvas at Illinois does not use the Respondus LockDown Browser. This window displays because Respondus 4 uses the same integration method.
- Click Ok on the Respondus window to continue.
- Once you see the Connection Test completes successfully click Next.
- Click Finish. You will not need to configure the Canvas Server Settings again.
- Use the Publish Wizard to Publish the test. Select the previously configured Canvas Server from the drop down then click Next.
- Choose the desired options for publishing and click Next
- Choose a course to publish the test and click Next
- Click Finish once you see Publish Completed Successfully