Canvas, Temporarily Extend Course Access to Student(s)
This document details the process for extending access to one or more students within a Canvas course that is beyond course/term availability date(s).
Occasionally there will be a need to extend student access to a Canvas course that has passed outside of course or term availability dates. In order to facilitate these few students without opening the course to others, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- A statement requesting temporary Canvas course extension
- the course name or course ID
- the NetID of at least one instructor in the course
- the NetID of any student that requires extended access
- the length of course extension in days/weeks, or a date that the extension will end
Canvas@Illinois Operations will create a new section in the course and apply the necessary date changes to it, adding the student(s) to the section to continue their access.