Gradescope @ Illinois
Gradescope is a tool designed to streamline and standardize collection and grading of paper-based, digital, and code assignments. It supports problem sets and projects as well as worksheets, quizzes, exams, and papers.
What Can Gradescope Do?
Gradescope is workflow grading tool that helps manage student submissions of assignments, allows for feedback by instructors, and gives instructors the ability to export and see anlalytics on the assignments for their course.
Who Can Use Gradescope?
Any instructor or TA with a UIUC netid can create a Gradescope account.
Gradescope Help Guide
As part of the Grainger College of Engineering, Jenny Amos created a Gradescope guide for instructors.
Access the Gradescope @ Illinois 101 Guide to learn how to:
- Create an Account
- Create, edit, and delete a course
- Add students and staff to a course
- Create, edit and delete an assignment
- Grade submissions
- Review grades
- Export grades
- Manage regrade requests
Gradescope Help and Guides (external)
- Online Assignments help center documentation
- Writing Formulas and Equations (LaTeX) guide
- Formatting Text (Markdown) guide
- Gradescope code autograder set-up documentation
- Video for students on how to submit online assignments
- Instruction guide for students on how to submit PDF assignments and digitize handwritten work
- Remote assessment FAQ guide
- Gradescope's help center: https://help.gradescope.com/
- Gradescope public product roadmap: https://trello.com/b/36UN761q/gradescope-roadmap
- Recordings of past Gradescope sessions for UIUC (lead by Jenny Amos): https://mediaspace.illinois.edu/channel/Assessment/169265112
- Grainger Academy Assessment Webpage
- MediaSpace Channel for Assessment Videos
- Slack Channel invitation
Need More Help?
For support and questions regarding Gradescope, reach out to Engineering IT at firstname.lastname@example.org.