Echo360 Lecture Recording Service Ended Summer 2022
Our relationship with the Echo360 vendor is ended summer 2022. We are switching to the on-campus Illinois Media Space video solution that’s been around for years, you might know it as Kaltura. All lecture and presentation recordings for summer and beyond will be available through Illinois Media Space.
- August 11, 2022: Engineering's Echo360 service officially closes.
- September 2-September 19, 2022: Migration of Echo360 into Kaltura Mediaspace is scheduled during this timeframe. Older recordings will be available to instructors after the migration dates.
- November 2022: Migration of Echo360 content is complete. Recordings can be found in Mediaspace under My Media.
Continue Your Lecture Recordings
The scheduling and automated service for your in-person classroom session recordings remains unchanged. Classrooms that previously used Echo360 for recordings will be able to record in Kaltura Illinois MediaSpace.
In-classroom recordings can be scheduled for a semester length course in lecture capture recording capable classrooms. These scheduled recordings start and stop automatically based on your official class meeting time.
Complete this form to schedule a lecture capture recording: https://go.illinois.edu/EngineeringLectureCaptureScheduling
As part of the scheduling process, Engineering IT can:
- Provide recurring, automatic recordings for your course in Illinois Media Space.
- Set automatic publishing of the class recordings to a Media Space Channel.
- Connect your class roster to the Media Space Channel (by request) so that enrolled students receive automatic access to the Media Space Channel.
- Provide support for adding your recordings to Canvas.
- Provide support for testing your classroom recordings prior to the start of the semester.
Grainger College of Engineering Lecture Capture Scheduling and Room Information
Finding Recordings In Kaltura Media Space
Using Kaltura Personal Capture
Adding Kaltura Media Space videos in Canvas
For any further questions and consultation regarding lecture recordings, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Short URL for this page: https://go.illinois.edu/EngineeringEcho360Updates