Campus Mailing Lists, Requesting a new list server / Sympa Robot
How to request a new virtual server (sympa robot) for use in campus mailing lists.
Need a Virtual Server?
A Robot in Sympa terminology. If you are interested in migrating an existing server or creating a new mail list server on the Campus Mailing List Service, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Server name and email address
- Note: These names can be the same or different. For example, the robot lists.aces.illinois.edu represents the web server and email is sent to @aces.illinois.edu.
- The only caveat with a different email domain is it must be a unique domain name and cannot conflict with an existing email domain.
- The contact information for the Unit Manager or Director. We'll need to get authorization from a Unit Manager or Director, since the server is an extension of their organization.
- The name and email addresses for the person(s) who will become the Unit Listmaster. The Unit Listmaster(s) own the robot and have complete control over all lists on the server. The Listmaster approves/denies all new mail lists and is responsible for helping the Unit list owners. The Listmasters need to be familiar with the mail list settings which are found in the List Owner Docs. If needed, a Unit Listmaster can escalate an issue to Technology Services by sending an email to email@example.com.
Given this information we will create a new robot and work with the Unit Listmaster to get the server configured as they need.
Please also see: https://wiki.illinois.edu/wiki/display/Sympa62/Listmasters