Learn@Illinois Moodle - Calculator Block
For a permanent link to this information, please use: https://go.illinois.edu/MoodleCalculatorBlock
Adding the Block
- See our instructions for how to add a block.
- Select Calculator from the list of available blocks.
Configuring the Block
- Once the block has been added, it needs to be configured. Click the settings wheel on the block and select Configure Calculator block.
- By default, the block is set to only appear in quizzes and only appears on the course main page when editing is turned on. Scroll through the settings to see if there are any options that you wish to change.
- When you are finished, click Save Changes (even if you do not make any changes, you will still need to click Save).
Adding to a Quiz
Now that the block has been configured, it will show up on every quiz page in your course. However, to enable the block to be used while a student is attempting the quiz, there is an additional setting to change.
- Navigate to whichever quiz you would like the Calculator to be used in.
- Click the Settings wheel and Edit settings.
- Scroll down to Appearance and set Show blocks during quiz attempts to yes.
- Click Save and display.
Students will now see the Calculator block when they attempt this quiz.