System Government Costing - Fund Balance: Running the Webi Report
Guide to running the Webi report for fund balances.
The adjusted fund balance and working capital should be calculated for every service fund. The over-under recovery should be calculated to determine if your fund has a surplus or a deficit. If you are over or under recovered, this impacts what you should charge your customers. To complete the Adjusted Fund Balance tab in the Service Activity Rate Calculation Template, you need to run the Fund Balance Webi Report first.
- Go to the Service Activities Resource Page.
- Click Expenditures and Transfers under the Job Aids and Training Materials section to expand the drop-down menu.
- Click Fund Balance Report Template (Webi).
- Select the Open option in the dialog box to open the report.
- Once the report opens, click the small X at the top right corner to close the report (leave Webi open, do not click on the large X at the very top in the red box).
- Click the Web Intelligence menu on the top left.
- Select Login as.
- Log in with your ID and password.
- Click the Login button.
- Click the Fund Balance report.
- Click Design button at the top right (not the drop-down arrow). This adds tabs at the top of the screen and will allow for filtering in future steps, but the overall look of your screen will not change.
- Click the Refresh button at the top.
- Click on the Responsible 3-Digit Org Code with % wildcard under Prompts Summary.
- Type the 3-Digit Org code with the % sign behind in the Selected Value(s) field.
- Click on the Enter COA Code under Prompts Summary.
- Type the Chart of Account in the Selected Value field.
- Click on Fiscal Year under Prompts Summary.
- Type in the four digit (example: 2015) fiscal year in the Selected Value field.
- Click the OK button.
NOTE: Items displayed will be all 3E Funds that match the criteria. The report may not refresh immediately based on the amount of information and server connections.
- To filter for one specific fund, click in the Financial Fund Code field in the report, then click the Analysis tab at the top of the screen.
- Click the down arrow next to the Filter button.
- Click Add Filter.
- Click on the specific fund under Financial Fund Code.
- Click the right arrow button under Selected Value(s).
- Click the OK button.
- To export the data to Excel, click the down arrow next to the Save button.
- Click the Save As button.
- Locate a place to save on your computer.
- Name your report in the File Name field. For example, you can add the fund number to the file name.
- Select Excel for Files of Type.
- On the right side of the Save As window, you will see a window to Select Reports. Here you can select the tabs that you want to be in your saved Excel file. For this file, you will save the “EOY Fund Balance” report.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the small X at the top right corner to close the report. You can click No in the dialog box that pops up asking to save changes to the Webi report.
- Refer to the Fund Balance: Populating the Service Activity Rate Template job aid to populate the template with the fund balance information.