UPB - Payroll Correction and Adjustment Guide for Bi-weekly Exempt Employees

Payroll Correction and Adjustment Guide for Bi-weekly Exempt Employees

Timesheets cannot be edited to reduce pay for Civil Service Exempt employees. You can initiate a Current Pay Adjustment (CPA) to record unpaid time for a bi-weekly paid Civil Service Exempt employee. This would be the preferred method for correcting pay and the employee will receive the correct pay on pay day. See the University Payroll Schedule for the CPA deadlines.

If you miss the CPA deadline, you can take the following actions to avoid an overpayment to the employee:

Up to three business days prior to pay day

  1. Submit a Pay Stop in ANA to avoid the overpayment. The Pay Stop will prevent all pay due to the employee from paying.
  2. After payroll calculation, submit a PARIS PUA for any pay due to the employee.

After pay day

Submit an Overpayment transaction in ANA to begin the payroll correction and collection process.

Keywordsadjustment, CPA, PUA, PARIS, ANA, Pay, Stop, Overpayment   Doc ID119764
OwnerLaura B.GroupUI Training and Development Resources
Created2022-07-18 13:12:47Updated2023-01-03 15:32:40
SitesUniversity of Illinois Training and Development Resources
Feedback  0   0