PrinterLogic - First-time Setup
Set up PrinterLogic for first-time use.
Setting up PrinterLogic
1. First, check to see whether the PrinterLogic utility is already installed – this will be installed automatically on many machines, but not all. To do that, open your list of icons in your system tray on the bottom right and look for the little printer icon.
If it’s there, continue to step 2. If not, you’ll need to contact your IT Pro at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, mention that you need the PrinterLogic client installed.
2. With the client installed, either click that icon or open your favorite browser and head to https://printerlogic.illinois.edu.
3. When you open the webpage for the first time, it should prompt you to install the browser extension. Click the Install button.
4. Next, you’ll be sent to a PrinterLogic page with an orange “Install Extension” button. Edge will usually show two options, so make sure you pick the correct extension for your browser.
5. After clicking the orange button, the browser will now start installing the extension, which is a bit different for each one.
Edge: You'll need to first click the blue “Get” button in the Edge Add-ons window that appears. You’ll then click the gray “Add Extension” button in the pop-up window.
Chrome: You’ll need to click the blue “Add to Chrome” button in the Chrome Web Store. You’ll then click the light blue “Add extension” button in the pop-up window.
Firefox: You’ll need to click the blue “Continue to Installation” button in the pop-up window, then the blue “Add” button in the next pop-up window.
6. Once the extension is installed in your browser, just refresh the page and you should be all set.
For instruction on adding printers once you’re connected to PrinterLogic, use this document: https://answers.uillinois.edu/aces/118889.
If you have any questions or need assistance, reach out to your IT Pro at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.