UAFR - Using Report Tabs
The Financial Summary Trends page contains six built-in tabs that allow you to create reports, compare financial information, and view graphs based on the options you select in the Filter Menu. A description of each tab is below. Refer to the Scenarios job aid to test out various scenarios for using filters and pulling data into the report tabs.
NOTE: Due to the large amount of data aggregated with this tool, it takes time for the reports to load after you make your filter selections and additional time for each report tab to load after you click on the tab. Allow adequate time for the page to populate data before clicking on anything else in the window. The hover information box may appear on these report tabs as you mouse over data points. Finally, as you are reviewing each tab, it may be necessary to scroll right, left, up or down in the viewing window to see all the information presented.
The budget is connected to the fiscal period, therefore, if you look at a single fiscal period, it will only reflect the budget income during that single period, not the budget for that period or the fiscal year. For example, if your budget funds are disbursed into your account in August, you will only see them if you select August as the fiscal period. When looking at previous fiscal years, remember that you are looking at a snapshot of the data at year end close, not based on the date you accessed the data here. This means that it may still show encumbrances that have since been resolved.
Financial Summary Tab
Provides the following information:
- Balance Forward: Budget Balances carried from the previous fiscal year. Selecting Lapsed Period Adjustment will move some balance amounts between Balance Forward and Current Year Budget.
- Current Year Budget: Budget totals reflect transactional totals as entered in Banner from the selected fiscal year and selected fiscal period. Sales and grant reimbursement are included in the Revenue line item.
- Total Operating Budget: Balance Forward Total plus (or minus) Current Year Budget. Total.
- Expenditures: Expenses broken down by the Budget Summary of Operations Categories.
- Current Year Gain/Loss: Current Year Budget Total minus Expenditures Total.
- Unencumbered Balance: Total Operating Budget minus Expenditure Total.
- Encumbrances: Outstanding encumbrance balances broken down by the Budget Summary of Operations Categories.
- Balance Available: Unencumbered Balance minus Encumbrance Total.
Account Type Detail Tab
Provides additional summary breakdown from the Finance tab by two-character Level 2 Account Type Code, including Prior Year Balance Forward, Current Year Gain/Loss, and Balance Available.
FOP Balances Tab
Provides revenue/expense summary level totals by CFOP. Beginning fund balances, where appropriate, are represented by Chart-Fund-Department.
Provides line item transaction details by categories including Period, Document, Sequence, Rule, CFOP Detail, Account, Activity, Location, Type of Funds, Description, Actual Amount, and Encumbrance Balances.
Graphs – Budget Tab
Automatically provides comparisons for the current and previous four fiscal years for Budget by Type of Fund, Budget by Category, and Carry Forward. You may need to change the Fiscal Year and Fiscal Period filter selections again in the top section of this tab using the drop-down menus. Changes made to Fiscal Year and Fiscal Period on the Graphs – Budget tab will carry over to the Graph – Expenditures tab. Graphs displayed in this tab are described below.
- Budget by Type of Fund: Stacked bar chart for Budget by Type of Funds.
- Budget by Category: Stacked bar chart for Budget by BSO Categories.
- Carry Forward: Stacked bar chart of Budget carry forward by Type of Funds.
Graphs – Expenditures Tab
Automatically provides comparisons for the current and previous four fiscal years for Budget vs. Expense, Unencumbered by Type of Fund, and Expenditure by Category. You may need to change the Fiscal Year and Fiscal Period filter selections again in the top section using the drop-down menus. Changes made to Fiscal Year and Fiscal Period on the Graphs – Expenditures tab will carry over to the Graphs – Budget tab. Graphs displayed in this tab are described below.
- Budget vs Expense: Bar charts of Expenditures over Budget.
- Unencumbered by Type of Fund: Stacked bar chart of Unencumbered balances by Type of Funds.
- Expenditure by Category: Stacked bar chart with Expenditures by BSO Categories.
Refer to the Scenarios job aid to test out various scenarios for using filters and pulling data into the report tabs.