UPAY - ACH Setup for Vendors
ACH Setup for Vendors
ACH payments are electronic payments made through the Automated Clearinghouse (ACH) Network and are processed using a vendor’s bank account and routing information. ACH payments are intended for vendors who will be receiving multiple payments per year from the University and who are able to reconcile their accounts using the ACH Addenda provided by our financial institution. Vendors receiving only one or two payments per year from the University should not be setup for ACH.
- Submit an email to OBFS UIVendor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Type "ACH Vendor Setup" in the email Subject line.
- In the body of the email, type the Banner ID, Vendor Name, and the name and email address of the individual to whom the ACH Application should be sent to.
Vendor Maintenance will send out the appropriate forms to the vendor for completion.
- Vendor Maintenance only processes ACH forms for Vendors. Students and Employees must update their own information via My UI Info or the Student Enterprise System.
- Vendor must have a Vendor Information Form on file that is no more than three years old.
- Vendor bank account must be a domestic (US) account.
- Vendor Maintenance transmits the remittance details in the standardized ANSI 820CTX EDI format. Vendors should contact their financial institution to confirm they are able to accept ACH information in this format and provide the addenda information to the vendor.
- The addenda information we provide to the financial institution includes:
- Payer Name
- Payee Name
- Payment Date
- Payment Method
- Total Amount of Payment
- Reference Number
- Vendor Invoice Number
- Vendor Invoice Date
- Invoice Amount
- Purchase Order (PO) Number
At this time, we do not provide notification to our vendors when payment is issued.
Questions related to ACH Setup for Vendors may be emailed to: email@example.com.
Questions related to specific ACH transactions should be directed to University Payables Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.