TeamDynamix, Urbana TDX Advisory Group (TDAG) Meeting Recaps

This article provides information about decisions regarding the TeamDynamix (TDX) platform. Meeting recaps from Urbana TDAG will be shared here.


  • TDX Project Update - Jeff on behalf of Ginger
    • Ginger Hundgen is the new Project Manager for TDX Phase 3.
    • VetMed and ACES will be live in TDX Asset this month, and CITL is starting work in it, as well.
    • Gies had to delay due to data structure work and unexpected limits on resources
    • Engineering and F&S are both interesting in TDX for Assets are would like demos.
    • Working group is making progress on best practices and recommendations
  • TDX Service Team Update - Joe
    • Working document for TDX unit onboarding is in progress, out for feedback this week.
    • Investigating FabPlus as a possible companion tool for TDX. Looking into API development along with other interested parties on campus
  • TDX CTC Update - Al
  • Ideas for expanding Global Admin resources on the Urbana campus have been shared up to the Collab Board. The GA's also identified a TDX Manager role that could provide at least some group membership control to units, and they're working on a recommendation for implementation.
  • Scheduling a meeting with Security & Privacy to discuss the View-only technician role idea.


  • TDX Project Update - Ahsan
    • ACES, IT Partners @ Gies, and VetMed IT are moving forward immediately with production Asset apps.
    • PRI has a pilot Asset app already and will serve in a consulting role as well as adjust their app to align with agreed-upon best practices going forward
    • SAT is onboarding to TDX ticketing, and shortly afterward to Asset
    • Education will use it, timeline ~June
    • All other stakeholders are still deciding
    • Stakeholders who are proceeding met to discuss best practices and define security roles
  • TDX CB Update - Al
  • TDX CTC Update - Al
    • New website should be launching the week of the 17th
    • Training - Phase 3 stakeholders will gather training needs and send to CTC to evaluate and facilitate. TDAG also welcome to suggest training needs
      • In this meeting, TDAG suggested technician onboarding training
  • TDX @ Urbana Service update - Joe
    • DIA and F&S have gone back to their original ticketing systems to take advantage of features not currently offered in TDX. The Service Team is following up with each unit to define a list of feature needs and concerns
    • Huron has sponsored an investigation of TDX as an option for IHR. AITS has scheduled a demo, and John C. offered UPB as a non-IT example resource
    • With the change to the asset threshold ($2500), there is more interest than ever in TDX Asset. Phase 3 scope isn't changing, but we can bolster communication about the option and progress. Jeff Fox reports that IT Council was mostly aware of Phase 3 - hooray! - and everyone else is caught up now.
      • Addendum post-meeting - Al - Op Ex apparently has a parallel Asset mgmt project; TDAG will coordinate where possible
    • Sprint updates - Update Service Catalog Entry/Service Footprint, Drafting new forms for the TDX Service page, specifically, drafting Tech Svcs U of I - Main app admins roles and expectations, providing training needs/suggestions to CTC
      • Addendum post-meeting - Al & John C. - Reaching out to UMN OIT to pick their brains about how they onboard and train app admins for their single shared TDX app
  • Additional Global Admin resources - Al
    • With large units coming on board next - SAT, IHR, potentially ATLAS - now is the time to evaluate the capacity of the Global Admins and think creatively about how to expand it to meet the growing need. Janet Jones joined for this part of the discussion.
      • Ideas discussed - designating a rotating GA from non-central units, participating non-central units providing funding for a permanent GA position, spreading some of the basic GA tasks around the whole system GA pool, continuing to push TDX for a federated technician creation and group management option
    • TDAG will work on a recommendation to CB and loop Security & Privacy in to make sure we're staying within best practices
  • View-only technician role discussion, next steps
    • Picking up from last meeting, this is still desired, and the next steps will be to start a dialogue with Security & Privacy about any potential concerns. Participants identified, conversation timeline TDB


  • TDX Project Update - Ahsan
    • Testing in progress, group document to capture thoughts and ideas. Meeting on 3/24 to discuss next steps and decisions about who is ready to move forward with their own Asset app.
  • TDX CB Update - Al
    • After months of testing, TDX GAs and TDX CB have decided to not pursue Grouper as a self-serve group and access management tool. Discovered technical limitations that meant GAs would still have some steps, and it ended up being more work for App Admins and GAs. Grouper's scope will be redefined back to only managing dynamic groups with custom access to customer portals, as originally intended.
  • TDX CTC Update - Al
    • A prototype website has been established and stakeholders are adding content now, like charters for the various governance groups, updated FAQs sourced from CTC and TDX @ Urbana, and updated timeline and Metrics.
    • The training subcommittee has reviewed technician training KB articles and cleaned up messy code from Word copy-paste, fixed accessibility issues, and identified screenshots that need to be replaced to reflect the new editor that was released with version 11.6.
    • Standing by to communicate Phase 3 updates via the newsletter and to facilitate training/documentation needs that come out of the Phase 3 recommendations.
  • View-only technician discussion - Al, Ethan, Sheena
    • Discussion largely focused on security concerns this time around. We talked about establishing an MOU or similar agreement for any technician who is given access to another app, even just view-only access (no such document was created for U of I - Main). A process for bulk access requests would also need to be created.
  • ITPF TDX Session Ideas - Al
    • Based on several conversations with a wide variety of stakeholders, Al proposed two ideas for ITPF sessions related to TDX. The group agreed that they'd be useful and discussed possible topics to cover. Al will send out a call for participation to TDX App Admins.


  • TDX @ Urbana Service update - Joe
    • Asset app has been created in Sandbox for the 3-week testing window
    • Internally, the service team is working on defining the responsibilities of TDX App Admins specifically in the U of I - Main app
  • TDX CTC Update - Al
    • Communications team is evaluating how the Project Team and stakeholders will communicate. Project Team will take point on messaging, and the CTC is there to facilitate or assist, as needed (i.e. put recipient lists together, add relevant items to the newsletter and website)
    • Moving forward on the TDX website revamp
  • TDX CB Update - Al
    • Coordinating with the Global Admins and TDX on a few bugs that have been identified
    • Business Review meeting with TDX reps where we shared upcoming projects/initiatives from each campus.
      • They shared features and improvements slated to roll out in the next year, including reporting tweaks, displaying CC's, auto-desktop refresh, and in late 2023 making a chatbot available for certain customers.
      • New TDNext user interface coming in about a year.
      • TDX mobile app still not expected this year.
      • TDX Converge is May 22-24, and the CB will be suggesting an Open Mic feedback session.
  • Discussion about a potential "view-only" technician role to facilitate ticket transfers and collaboration.
  • Discussion about CITL getting a TDX demo
  • Connecting Security & Privacy with the Global Admins to discuss email intake issues.


  • TDX @ Urbana Service update - Joe
    • Product Owner Joe Blanks has been here two months (congrats!) and is getting up to speed and getting to know the TDX stakeholders.
    • The Urbana TDAG channel will migrate to the TDX Administration MS Team
  • TDX CTC Update - Al
    • TeamDynamix website at will be refreshed in the coming months. Revised FAQ, more info about governance, and an updated Metrics chart, among other things.
  • Project Phase 3 Update - Al
    • Will soon send an email to all stakeholders who indicated an interest in having their own TDX Asset app and/or API access to the Asset app. (API access to Ticketing apps is handled through a standard request to the TDX @ Urbana service.) The email will set expectations for how to use the Sandbox for testing and what deliverables we're asking for (recommendation for best practices and nomenclature, identifying training/documentation needs).

2022-11-16 - Phase 3 Survey Results Review

  • Service Team updates
    • New TDX Product Owner, Joseph Blanks, started at Tech Services this week. He will eventually replace Janet Jones as an ex-officio member of TDAG. Global Admins are Ben Mosenthal and Gary Kambic (backup)
  • Collab Board updates
    • TDX 11.6 release coming Dec 3, 2022.
    • Sandbox refresh Nov 29, 2022.
    • iPaaS still stuck in legal limbo (GDPR).
  • TDX CTC updates
    • Monthly newsletter going out a week early in Nov and Dec to accommodate holiday schedule.
    • CTC reaching out to TDX sandbox app admins ahead of the refresh.

  • Phase 3 Survey Results Discussion

    Qualtrics survey results added to a color-coded spreadsheet and sorted by level of interest. The committee decided on follow-up questions to gather info about scheduling, get a better sense of use cases, document concerns or contingencies, and clarify a few responses.
    • Decision: TDAG will reach out first to the respondents who answered “Enthusiastically Interested” and “Very Interested” to any of the four in-scope features for Phase 3. Units expressing mild interest will be contacted after the winter break.
    • Decision: As part of receiving Asset App access, TDX app admins in those units will comprise an informal advisory group to collaborate on setup, best practices, naming conventions, and other info sharing to keep implementation as consistent as possible across the environment. The advisory group will be added as a relevant tag in the existing TDX App Admins shared channel in MS Teams.
    • Decision: As part of receiving accessing to app-level TDX APIs, TDX app admins in those units will comprise an informal community of practice for information sharing.

2022-10-26 - First Full Meeting

  • Reports from the Project Team, Service Team, Collaborative Board, and Comms & Training Committee (CTC).
  • Decision to scope Phase 3 to non-IT ticketing, IT ticketing (continued), local asset/inventory mgmt, and app-level API access.
  • Survey finalized, sent out to IT Council and a rep on Business IT Collab. Survey active as of November 1st, closes November 11th.
  • Training resources offered to committee members to help get familiar with additional TDX features in scope for Phase 3.

2022-10-07 - Urbana TDAG Fall 2022 Kick-Off meeting

  • Intros
  • Future meeting scheduling
  • Phase 3 scoping preliminary conversation
  • Decision to create and send an updated interest survey scoped to Phase 3

Keywords:TDX, TeamDynamix, "team dynamix", "team dynamics", teamdynamics, tdag, "advisory group"   Doc ID:121546
Owner:Urbana T.Group:University of Illinois Technology Services
Created:2022-09-27 10:30 CDTUpdated:2023-05-24 17:07 CDT
Sites:University of Illinois Technology Services
Feedback:  0   0