Teams Cut-over: Teams Compatible Phone Hardware
Guide to determining if your phone hardware will be Teams compatible. Details on Vet Med hardware plan for cutover to Teams.
Phone Replacement Plan
IT@Vet Med has been working with Departments to identify phones that are not Teams compatible and replace them. These phones will not work after the Vet Med cutover to Teams. It is possible some phones will be missed/overlooked during the replacement planning due to the size and complexity of Vet Med. Individuals are encouraged to check if their phone is Teams compatible and notify their department admin to request a replacement if your incompatible phone is not swapped as part of the following schedule:
- CB - All phones already replaced
- Path - Phones placed in office or replaced already.
- VCM - Scheduled completion 6/16 - 6/19
- VDL - All phones already replaced
- VTH - Scheduled completion 6/16 - 6/19
- MDVC - Scheduled for 6/1/23
- MWE - Not applicable
- Brookfield Zoo - Scheduled for 6/2/2023
- College Admin (Facilities, HR, BSC) - Scheduled for completion 6/16.
- College Admin (ASA, Design Group, Facilities, Grants, OPE, iLearning, Marketing, Dean's Suite, CLSC) - All phones already replaced (or Team's compatible)
Checking Your Hardware for Teams Compatibility
- If your current office, lab or service area phone is an IP phone, it might not be Team Compatible.
- IP phones are plugged into a data jack.
- IP phones can be used with or without a connect computer.
- Common area phones are generally IP phones.
- Phones not logged in as a person (a service phone) are often IP phones.
Common IP phones at Vet Med that are not Team Compatible:
- Polycom CX500, CX600, CX3000
- Aastra 6721ip, 6725ip
- Yealink T42S, T46S and T48S (Model numbers are on the front)
IP Phones that are Teams Compatible:
- Yealink MP54, MP56, MP58, T58A, T56A and T55A (model numbers are on the back plate)
- If your current phone solution is a USB your phone is Teams compatible!
- USB phones are a connected to a USB port on your computer (not an Ethernet jack to a wall jack)
- Common USB phones at Vet Med are Jabra or Plantronics Headsets, Jabra pucks, or the Polycom CX300
Phone Purchasing Information
KB article Phone Purchasing Information provides an overview of how to select a phone, phone recommendations based areas of work at Vet Med, cost comparison, departmental contacts and additional information on compatible IP phones.