To accommodate the need for privacy, the iSchool offers secure printing. Secure printing allows you to send the job but not have the document released until you enter a PIN on the printer. If you don't see these options you may need to reinstall the printer and make sure the setting to enable secure printing is checked.
How to do secure printing
- Go to the print menu in the program being used (usually File -> Print).
- Select the appropriate printer and click Print using the system dialog... (the exact wording and location will vary depending on the program being used).
- In the new window, click Show Details and then select Job Storage (or Printer Features if Job Storage isn't available) from the drop-down menu in the middle of the window. The drop-down menu is located below the scale selection.
- When you are finished customizing the settings, click OK to send the print job.
- Go to the printer and press the OK button. On Optimus, press the Job Status button, then select Secure Print Jobs on the screen.
- Scroll down to "Retrieve from Device Memory" and press OK.
- Select the folder with your username and press OK.
- Select the name of your print job and press OK.
- Press Print, then OK.
- If you entered a PIN, a PIN dialogue will appear. Enter the four-digit PIN you created in step 3 and press OK.
- Ensure that you are printing the correct number of copies (one, unless you changed the settings), and press OK.
- Job Storage Mode: Select Personal Job.
- Make Job Private/Secure: Here you can set your own four-digit PIN. If you do not enter a PIN it will still wait for you to start the job from the printer itself, but anyone will be able to start it.
- User Name: By default this is your NetID. You have the option to change it.
- Job Name: By default this will be the file name of the document you are trying to print.
- Secure Print: Here you can set your own four-digit PIN. If you do not enter a PIN it will still wait for you to start the job from the printer itself, but anyone will be able to start it.