Canvas, A dropped class or an old class from a previous semester still in course list
I dropped a class, but I still see the link on my Canvas home page. A class from last semester is still in my course list. How do I hide a course from my list?
Dropped Course Still Appearing:
If you drop a course via the Enterprise self-service system it will not be immediately reflected in Canvas.
Students who drop a course should be removed from the corresponding Canvas space in three full business days. If you don’t want that dropped course to appear in your course list, there are three options:
- Wait. Automated processes will remove your access to the class and its display on your Canvas home screen a few days after you drop the course.
- Instructors can manually remove your access to a course at any time. Technology Services cannot manually add or remove a student from a course.
How to hide the course from the course list:
- Click on "Courses" on the far left global navigation menu.
- Scroll down to "All Courses."
- Fill in the star or unselect it to choose which courses you would like to appear on your dashboard.
Old course still appearing:
When the professor set up the course, an expiration date was created. Once that expiration date passes, the old course will disappear. If you would like it removed sooner:
- Contact the professor and ask them to remove you.
- Hide the course with the instructions above.