U of I Box, Accounts, Personal and Enterprise Account Conflict
If you cannot login to U of I Box using your NetID and password, your illinois.edu email address may be associated with an unmanaged, personal account.
To resolve the conflict, you can either join your existing personal account to our managed enterprise (if you have already been using your personal Box account for U of I data), or change the personal account's primary email address to an external email address of your choice so you may register an enterprise account (if you have been using your personal Box account for personal data).
Accessing your Personal Account
Joining the U of I Box Enterprise
Changing your Personal Account Email
- Sign into your personal Box account. See "Accessing your Personal Account" above.
- Click your name/picture in the top right corner.
- Click "Account settings" from the pulldown menu.
- From the "Account" tab, scroll down to "Login and Email Addresses"
- Click "Add more emails"
- Add a different email address and click "Save".
- After verification, you will need to make the new address the primary and remove your university address from your personal account.
This will free up your Illinois e-mail so that you can setup an enterprise account from here : https://cloud-dashboard.illinois.edu
Your managed, enterprise account will have unlimited online storage quota and requires your NetID and password to authenticate.