Campus Mailing Lists, Change how I receive email from a list
How do I change how I receive email from a list?
The mail list owner decides what options are available to their subscribers. By default, all options are available. If an option is not available, then contact the list owner by sending an email to: listNamefirstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribers can choose from the available settings how they prefer to receive email from a list. The default setting is "standard (direct reception)", however, subscribers can choose another delivery option based on those made available by the owner.
Here's a screenshot of the default:
To change the receiving mode, do the following:
- Go to https://lists.illinois.edu.
- Log into into the server
- Select the list from the menu on the left. This left pane lists all mail lists which you are subscribed and/or own and the available options for that list.
- Click on "Subscriber Options" in the menu on the left.
- Click the list box next to "Receiving Mode" to view available options. (Click the 'i' next to the drop-down for a full list of what different options do)
- Select an option
- Click "Update" to save your changes.
Additional information about subscriber options are available at: https://wiki.illinois.edu/wiki/display/Sympa62/Subscriber+Preferences+and+List+Management+Tools