Password Registrar, How to become or renew a NetID Password Registrar
This page contains information about how to become/renew a password registrar.
A Password Registrar is an individual who has been authorized (by a department head, college dean, or the Technology Services Help Desk) to generate a password reset token for other customers.
The Registrar's ability to generate password tokens can be limited in a variety of ways, including particular groups (only people within the Registrar's department, for example), times of day (such as weekday mornings only), or even particular machines (such as the Registrar's computer only).
To become a Password Registrar
- Fill out the Request for Password Registrar Access form; note that the signature of a director or department head is required.
- Submit the form in person (1211 DCL, MC-256, 1304 W. Springfield Ave, Urbana, IL 61801) or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that the Password Registrar service manager may contact you for clarification of application information.
- Registrar applicants will be notified by email from the Help Desk whether their request has been approved or denied.
To renew Password Registrar access
- If no changes to your current access are needed (e.g. access times, IP addresses): send an email to email@example.com stating that you wish to renew your Password Registrar access and that no changes are needed.
- If changes are required, please submit a new Password Registrar Access form.