Skype for Business, Setting Up Skype Client for Windows
Here's how to download, install, and set up Skype for Business for Windows.
Download and install Skype for Business for Windows
If you need to download and install the Skype for Business software yourself, there are two ways that you can get it.
It is already included in the Office 365 suite of products available to employees of the University of Illinois.
You can also download it separately from the WebStore:
- Of the downloads offered, choose the .exe file for your computer's operating system type (32 bit or 64 bit).
- Download the .exe file and double-click it to install Lync/Skype for Business.
- Click the Options button at the top right of the Skype for Business program window and choose Personal.
- Under My Account, enter firstname.lastname@example.org
- (Or, if you are an AITS employee, use email@example.com)
- Click the Automatically start Skype for Business when I log on to Windows check box.
- Click OK
When you have signed out, you cannot make phone calls, including to 911. Stay signed in to Skype for Business during working hours in order to be able to make phone calls.
- Click File, Sign out on the menu bar if shown at the top of the Skype for Business program window.
- Click the presence state menu directly under your name at the top of the Skype for Business window and choose Sign out.
To completely quit the Skype for Business application (normally not necessary), right click the Skype for Business icon in the icon tray and choose Exit.