Illinois Compass 2g, Instructors, How to delete, edit, rename or adjust rosters for a space request
I am an Instructor and would like information for editing a space request for Illinois Compass 2g.
The Illinois Compass 2g Space Request Application’s newest release allows you to edit space requests after you have submitted them. This editing feature can be used for the following common scenarios:
- Updating the title of your Compass 2g space
- Adding or removing rosters associated with your space
- Deleting a request (including duplicate requests)
- Students from two courses seeing the same Compass course
- Students from Course A seeing the Compass space for Course B (in this case, the rosters for A and B were likely both added to the request for B; you can use this procedure to remove the roster for A, then request a new space. Please see Illinois Compass 2g, How to request a new Illinois Compass 2g space or Check Status of Request )
- Copying content from an old Compass course into a newly-created course space (in this case, you will need to request another new space with the old course content imported. Please also see Illinois Compass 2g, Copying course content after an Illinois Compass space has already been built )
To edit a space request, follow the steps below.
1. Go to compassspacerequest.illinois.edu
2. Enter your NetID and Active Directory Password.
3. Click Login.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the Illinois Compass 2g Space Request Status and Edit link.
5. You will be presented with all space requests associated with your NetID. To edit your request, click the title of the space. Continue to Step #6.
To delete your request:
1. Click the checkbox next to the title of the space and scroll to the Delete button.
2. A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm that you want to delete the space. Click the Yes, Delete Space button to delete the space request.
6. To change the Compass 2g space title:
Click the link next to Space Title. On the Edit Registrar-Affiliated Space Title page, you can edit the Course Title and/or the Section display in the space title.
1. Make edits to the title and/or section information.
2. Click the Next button. (Click the Discard Edits button if you decide not to retain the edits you made.)
3. A summary of your edits page appears. Click either the Space Title or Rosters links to make any further edits, or click the Submit button to apply the edits.
To revert to the space’s original title:
1. Click the Restore Defaults button.
2. A pop-up window appears that asks if you want to use the original space title. Click Change to this to revert to the default title.
To remove a roster associated with your Compass 2g space:
1. Click the link next to Selected Rosters.
2. On the Edit Rosters page, check the box next to any roster you wish to remove and click the Remove Assigned Rosters button.
To add a roster to your Compass 2g space
1. Click the Add New Rosters link.
2. Enter at least the Rubric (entering the course Number will help further narrow the search results).
3. Click the Search button.
4. Check the checkbox next to the roster(s) you want to add to your Compass 2g space.
5. Click the Add to Selected Rosters button. Your roster(s) appears in the Added Rosters section.
6. Click the Next button to continue.
7. A summary of your edits page appears. Click either the Space Title or Rosters links to make any further edits, or click the Submit button to apply the edits.
Once you have submitted your changes, you will see a Space Request Saved page. From here, you can begin another space request edit by clicking the Back to Start button or you can logout from the Space Request Application by clicking the Logout button.