Skype for Business, Join a Meeting or an Audio or Video Conference Call with Android
On this page, you can learn how to join a Skype for Business meeting on Android.
You can schedule a Skype for Business conference call from your desktop computer, and then join the conference from Skype for Business for Android.
You can join the audio or video, and IM (if it’s turned on in the meeting) portion of a Skype for Business meeting from Android. Once you join, you should be able to hear the meeting audio, see video of other participants, and view a participants list. The default settings allow videos only when you have a Wi-Fi connection.
- To join a Skype for Business meeting, tap the Meetings icon .
- Tap on the meeting that you want to join, and then tap Join Meeting button .
- Depending on how you set your VoIP call options, one of the following happens:
- You’ll be connected to audio or video using VoIP either by using Wi-Fi (if you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network) or your cellular data plan.
- Or, Skype for Business will call you on your mobile phone and you’ll need to accept the call in order to join the meeting. This happens only when your audio or video call options are set to ON and your mobile phone isn’t connect to a Wi-Fi network.
You can also dial in to the meeting from any phone by dialing the Join by Phone numbers listed in the meeting request. The dial-in phone number is listed towards the bottom of the request.
NOTE: When you join a Skype for Business Meeting by dialing in, your telephone number is displayed in the meeting roster.
The meeting lobby is an online waiting area. The meeting leader can control access to the meeting, or admit someone who doesn’t have the correct meeting credentials.
If the meeting leader has enabled the meeting lobby, you’ll need to wait until the meeting leader admits you to the meeting. If you’re waiting in the lobby, don’t move to another screen because your request to join the meeting will be cancelled if you do.