Skype for Business, Mac Installation
This page contains installation instructions for Skype for Business for Mac.
Make sure your computer will support Skype for Business:
- OS X El Capitan (10.11) or newer is required.
- Skype for Business 16.22 or newer is required for macOS Mojave
- Outlook Mac build 15.27 (161010) or newer required for Outlook integration
- Make sure your computer is fully patched with security and software updates.
- Recommended hardware configurations are described on the Recommended Computer Configurations page.
Upgrading from Mac Lync 2011
If you previously had the Mac Lync 2011 client installed, you should perform a clean uninstall of the Lync before installing Skype for Business. Instructions for this can be found at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/troubleshoot/online-install-or-uninstall/uninstall-lync-for-mac-2011
Where to Download
If your computer is supported by the Endpoint Services Group, you can reach out to them for download and access: https://go.illinois.edu/epshelp
Skype for Business is available as an individual download from Microsoft at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54108.
Update Skype for Business BEFORE First Use
Important updates for Skype for Business are sometimes released after Microsoft creates the Skype for Business installation package.
Use Microsoft AutoUpdate on your Mac to keep your Office software up-to-date. You can manually check for updates by opening the Skype for Business client, then going to Help > Check for Updates
- Sign-in address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or, if you're an AITS employee, use email@example.com
- Password: AD password
How to use Skype for Business on Mac
On the webstore, you can learn about upcoming UC training workshops, online training resources, and other tools.