Email, Spam Control, Understanding Your End User Digest
This page explains how to read your Spam Control End User Digest.
What is the End User Digest?
Users who have email messages addressed to them stored in the Quarantine will receive an email notification, called an End User Digest (Digest) in their inboxes.
- The Digest lists all spam messages caught and placed into Quarantine based on your spam policy.
Users can look at the message subject headers to determine their content, and decide which actions they want to apply to the messages.
You can access the digest in the following ways:
Understanding your End User Digest
The Digest displays a list of the messages and columns that indicate the subject, sender, spam score, and timestamp for each email. The following links are available to complete an action for each email message:
- View – launches the Web Application and allows the user to view the message content.
- Release – releases the message from the Quarantine to the user’s email inbox.
- Safelist – releases the message from the Quarantine to the user’s inbox and adds the sender to the user’s personal Safe Senders list. All future email from the safe sender will not be checked for spam.
- Not Spam – releases the message from the Quarantine to the user’s inbox and reports that the message was a false positive (that is, it should not have been classified as spam). In this case, further analysis of the message and training is done at Proofpoint.
Several links in the Digest provide additional functionality for additional Digest management described here:
- Request New End User Digest – immediately generates a new Digest for the user with up-to-the-minute information about quarantined messages.
- Note: this Digest will contain a list of all messages currently in the Quarantine, not just those received since the last scheduled Digest update.
- Request Safe/Blocked Senders List – sends the user a list of all entries currently on his or her personal Safe and Blocked Senders List
- Manage My Account – launches the Web Interface in a browser, which allows the user to change account preferences, as well as actively manage his or her Safe Senders and Blocked Senders lists.
- For general support please contact the Technology Services Help Desk.