Email, Spam Control, Changing Daily Digest Preferences
This page explains how to change your Spam Control daily digest preferences.
UPDATE: Spam Digest and Email Quarantine Changes
Beginning December 19th, everyone can access a new web interface for all end user digest and spam policy options at go.illinois.edu/spamdigest.
- You will no longer need a link from a digest. Instead, you will log in with your NetID and password.
On December 19th, you should have received 2 spam digests, to ensure you could access any quarantined messages from the past 10 days.
- The first digest provided access from the previous 10 days. NOTE: This will be the only way to access previously quarantined messages.
- The second digest should have come from the NEW system (email@example.com). All future spam digests will come from this address.
As a reminder, spam messages will continue to be held for 10 days and then will be automatically deleted and are not recoverable by a service administrator.
- In your mailbox, find and open a daily digest. (Can't find one? See Requesting a New Digest.)
- Click on 'Manage My Account.'
- A web page will open. Click on the Profile button in the lower-left corner of the window.
- The options for the Daily Digest will appear in the center of the web page.
"Send digest with new messages in my End User Digest" checkbox: Checking this box will enable you to receive a Daily Digest each morning.
"Send digest even when I have no messages in my End User Digest" checkbox: Checking this box will allow you to receive a Daily Digest even if you had no spam messages caught and placed in Quarantine in the past 24 hours.
It is very important to have one or both of these boxes checked if you are in the Cautious, Cautious Plus, or Aggressive Personal Spam Policy because you should review the contents of your Quarantine periodically to make sure no legitimate email was caught.
If you are using the Tag and Deliver or No Quarantine, you will not have spam put in your Quarantine. Unchecking either of these checkboxes will stop you from receiving a Daily Digest. When you need to change your Spam Control option, you can also use the web interface to go into your policy options.
- For general support please contact the Technology Services Help Desk.