Office 365, Email, Exchange, Updates to shared calendars may not appear
When I add or update a meeting on a shared calendar, it does not display on the other calendar.
Technology Services has seen instances of cached shared calendars in Outlook on Windows causing undesired behavior.
Person A will open Person B's calendar and put a meeting on Person B's calendar. When Person A views Person B's calendar the meeting is there, but it never actually appears on Person B's calendar. This can cause missed meetings or double-booking.
Turning off the caching of shared folders in Outlook on Windows computers for Person A corrects this issue.
- In Outlook for Windows, go to the Tools or File menu and select Account Settings.
- Select your Exchange Account and press the Change button.
- Press the More settings button.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Uncheck the Download shared folders option.
- Press OK until all options are saved.