Web Intelligence Rich Client - Full Login Instructions
The Web Intelligence Rich Client must be launched the first time from EDDIE. When the program is launched from EDDIE, a file will be downloaded to your computer. This file is needed to be able to log directly into the Web Intelligence Rich Client from your desktop.
Setting Application Preferences
You will need to make sure Business Objects knows which interface to open documents in - Web Intelligence Rich Client, in this case.
- Open the EDDIE login page: https://eddie.ds.uillinois.edu/
- Click the Log in to EDDIE button.
- Enter your University NetID and Password, and click the LOG IN button.
Note: you will be prompted to complete a DUO 2-factor Authentication challenge before being logged into EDDIE.
- Click the blue circle with your last and middle initials in the upper right corner and click Settings.
- Click Application Preferences.
- Select the Rich Client option under Open in Reading mode: and Open in Edit mode:
- Click Save at the bottom of the window to save the changes.
Launching Web Intelligence Rich Client from EDDIE
- From the Home screen in EDDIE, scroll down and click the Web Intelligence tile under Applications.
- Navigate to where the .zabo_wi file was downloaded on your computer, right-click on the file and select Open With. If your computer already recognizes the association between this file and Web Intelligence Rich Client, Open may be an option. Go ahead and click Open.
- Select WebIRichClient.exe and click OK.
- If you don’t want to create a query at this point, click Cancel on the Select a Data Source window...
- Then click the Home icon in the top left corner New Document screen.
- Web Intelligence Rich Client opens, and the home screen is displayed.
- Exit the application by clicking the menu icon in the upper right corner and selecting Exit.
- Click Leave on the message about unsaved changed being lost.
Launching Web Intelligence Rich Client from the Desktop
Once you have successfully launched Web Intelligence Rich Client from EDDIE, you will be able to launch the application directly from your desktop.
- Click the Windows Menu button on your keyboard or click the icon in the bottom left.
- Scroll to and select the SAP Business Intelligence folder, and then click the SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence application.
Tip: right-click and pin this application to your taskbar for easier access.
- You will be prompted to log in and start a new session. Enter the following credentials in the Start Session screen:
- Click Start.