Skype for Business, Adding a Delegate
How do I add a delegate?
To book a Skype for Business meeting on behalf of someone else, the calendar owner must add the other person as a delegate in both Outlook AND Skype for Business for it to work.
To designate a user as your delegate in Outlook, follow these steps:
- Click the File tab, click Account Settings, and then click Delegate Access.
- In the Delegates dialog box, click Add.
- Type the name of the person whom you want to designate as your delegate, or search for and then click the name in the
search results list.
Note: The delegate must be a person in the Microsoft Exchange global address list (GAL).
- Click Add, and then click OK.
- In the Delegate Permissions dialog box, accept the default permissions settings or select custom access levels for Exchange folders.
- To send a message to notify the delegate of the changed permissions, click to select the Automatically send a message to delegate summarizing these permissions check box.
- If you want to grant additional permissions for the delegate to view private items, click to select the Delegate can see my private items check box.
- Click OK two times to exit out of the Delegate Access screen.
To designate a user as your delegate in Skype for Business, follow these steps:
In order to setup a delegate using Skype for Business, start on your contacts home page and click on the options cog in the
top right hand corner of Skype for Business.
Click on the Call Forwarding option and click on Edit my delegate members.
(To reach this screen using Skype for Business for Mac, select Preferences, then Phone Calls, and then click Edit my delegate members.)
To add new delegate member, click on the Add button.
Type in the name of the person you wish to make a delegate, the number of a person you wish to make a delegate, or click on one of your existing contacts to make them a delegate.
Once you have chosen a delegate, it will appear in the box, and you can continue to add as many delegates as you need.
Once you have finished, click OK and you have finished setting up your delegates using Skype for Business.
NOTE: Non-Enterprise voice customers cannot be set up as delegates.