Office 365, Office Upgrade Installation
Upgrading Office software - does it require removal of old Office software?
Removal of old Office versions may not be necessary to install the latest version of Office from the My Software page on Office 365 - especially if the previous version was an install from Office 365 - however it is generally best practice to remove all previous versions of Office before a new install.
Additionally, you may need to deactivate the previous version on the Install Status page of the Office 365 site before beginning a new install. You can find the list of previous installations by
- logging into the Office 365 portal,
- clicking on your initials or image in the upper right corner,
- clicking on the View Account link,
- clicking on Manage under Office Apps link,
- and clicking Devices and viewing your registered devices. Sign Out of the device you are currently on if it is registered to an older version of office.