Office 365, Email, Exchange, Thunderbird errors when clicking on folders
I get an error every single time I click on a folder, how do I fix it?
Thunderbird is a free, open-source product and there isn't a vendor for us to escalate to. We will try to help troubleshoot but in the end you might need to visit forums for solutions.
If you run into trouble and are faculty/staff you should speak with your local IT pro about using officially supported email clients.
To disable the error you are seeing you will need to get to the General Tab:
In Thunderbird client > Tools menu > Settings > General tab
In Thunderbird client > Thunderbird menu > Settings > General tab
- Once there, click "Config Editor..."
- You'll be warned that "changing these preferences can impact Thunderbird performance or security"
- Click "Show All"
- In the search box type "send_client"
- Look for the result that is: mail.server.default.send_client_info
- Click the toggle button (two opposing arrows) to change the value from true to false
- Close the windows
- Restart the Thunderbird client