Technology Services, Paying For Printing

Using Illini Cash (Bill Me Now) option for consumer printing (8.5"x11") and "Bill Me Later" for special order printing (posters, large format, etc).

This is how the two payment methods differ:

  • Bill Me Now (Illini Cash): print jobs will be immediately deducted from your Illini Cash account. This account is the same iCard account you would use at the student cafes or vending machines, but is a different account than your meal plan used at Housing Dining Services. You cannot use your Housing meal plan credits for printing. If you do not have enough funds in your Illini Cash then your print jobs will be denied until you add more credits. You can add credits at
  • Bill Me Later (BANNER): at the end of the month or after the end of the semester you will receive a bill through Banner for your printed jobs.  
        Students - access your Bill Me Later (BANNER) bill by logging into UI-Integrate Self-Service
  • go to the “Account Billing Information” tab, then the “Student Account” link, and then “View Account”, “Make Payment”, or one of the other account options. 
  • If you print more than $5 during the semester then the bill will be sent at the end of the month. 
  • If you print less than $5 during the semester then the bill is sent after the semester is over.

        Faculty / Staff - Printing fees are invoiced monthly via General Accounts Receivable (BANNER) which will also include other University fees applicable to you. 

These departments use Illini Cash (Bill Me Now):

  • ACES
  • Bruce Nesbitt African American Cultural Center (BNAACC)
  • College of Education Printing Services
  • College of Engineering
  • College of Fine and Applied Arts (FAA) EXCEPT for large format printing at Art and Design and Architecture (see Bill Me Later below)
  • College of Law
  • College of Media
  • College of Veterinary Medicine (VetMed)
  • Housing computer labs
  • Illini Union CLASS lab
  • Labor and Employment Relations (LER)
  • McKinley kiosk
  • School of Information Sciences (iSchool)
  • Technology Services computer labs EXCEPT for large format poster printing at English Lab
  • University Library
If a department is not listed above, please check with the the department's documentation or contact their Help Desk on how to pay for your print jobs.

These departments use Bill Me Later (Banner):

  • FAA Architecture
  • FAA Art & Design
  • Technology Services English Lab Poster Printer

How can I check how a document was billed?

Log in to and go to “Transaction History”. This will show you a list of your most recent printing transactions. The “Account” column tells you how the document was billed:
  • Default: the document will be billed later through Banner.
  • External: the document was billed using Illini Cash when it was printed.

Who can use Illini Cash for printing?

At this time, Illini Cash for printing is only enabled for University of Illinois students. Faculty and staff will continue to receive their bill through Banner.

How do I change my billing choice?

The billing choice is set by department. We are not able to change how your print jobs are billed.

KeywordsBanner, Illini Cash, IlliniCash, bill me later, bill me now, payment method, pay, billing, printing, printer, print, papercut, computer lab, ACES, ATLAS, LAS, VetMed, Education, Engineering, FAA, Housing, ICS, BNAAC, LER, iSchool, Law, Library, McKinley, Media, UniHigh, Illini Union   Doc ID59782
OwnerTech Services P.GroupUniversity of Illinois Technology Services
Created2016-01-15 11:08:56Updated2023-04-05 09:28:40
SitesUniversity of Illinois Technology Services
Feedback  3   24