Technology Services, Paying For Printing
Using Illini Cash (Bill Me Now) option for consumer printing (8.5"x11") and "Bill Me Later" for special order printing (posters, large format, etc).
This is how the two payment methods differ:
- Bill Me Now (Illini Cash): print jobs will be immediately deducted from your Illini Cash account. This account is the same iCard account you would use at the student cafes or vending machines, but is a different account than your meal plan used at Housing Dining Services. You cannot use your Housing meal plan credits for printing. If you do not have enough funds in your Illini Cash then your print jobs will be denied until you add more credits. You can add credits at https://web.housing.illinois.edu/MyBalances/.
- Bill Me Later (BANNER): at the end of the month or after the end of the semester you will receive a bill through Banner for your printed jobs.
These departments use Illini Cash (Bill Me Now):
- Bruce Nesbitt African American Cultural Center (BNAACC)
- College of Education Printing Services
- College of Engineering
- College of Fine and Applied Arts (FAA) EXCEPT for large format printing at Art and Design and Architecture (see Bill Me Later below)
- College of Law
- College of Media
- College of Veterinary Medicine (VetMed)
- Housing computer labs
- Illini Union CLASS lab
- Labor and Employment Relations (LER)
- McKinley kiosk
- School of Information Sciences (iSchool)
- Technology Services computer labs EXCEPT for large format poster printing at English Lab
- University Library
If a department is not listed above, please check with the the department's documentation or contact their Help Desk on how to pay for your print jobs.
These departments use Bill Me Later (Banner):
- FAA Architecture
- FAA Art & Design
- Technology Services English Lab Poster Printer
How can I check how a document was billed?
Log in to https://papercut.ics.illinois.edu and go to “Transaction History”. This will show you a list of your most recent printing transactions. The “Account” column tells you how the document was billed:
- Default: the document will be billed later through Banner.
- External: the document was billed using Illini Cash when it was printed.
Who can use Illini Cash for printing?
At this time, Illini Cash for printing is only enabled for University of Illinois students. Faculty and staff will continue to receive their bill through Banner.
How do I change my billing choice?
The billing choice is set by department. We are not able to change how your print jobs are billed.