NetID, Undergraduate to Graduate Transition

I was an undergrad and now I'm transitioning to grad school, what do I need to do?

If this is a recent transition and you know your password, you won't need to do anything. Please log in to the NetID Center and ensure that your recovery options are up to date. 

Your NetID will be the same as it was in undergrad, and you don't need to claim it again.

If you are unsure of your password, it can be reset via normal means (NetID Center, call or visit the Help Desk).

If you had your University email redirected to someplace other than Outlook (Exchange), you will receive a one-time notification to your delivery address letting you know that all email will go to your Exchange account from then on ( 

Note: If you left the University for a while (more than a year after your last registered semester), your inbox will be provisioned approximately one to two business days after you register for classes.
If after this time, you are not automatically provisioned an Exchange email inbox, please contact the Help Desk ( or 217-244-7000) to request that it be manually created.

Keywordsclaim graduate grad email netid   Doc ID62783
OwnerID M.GroupUniversity of Illinois Technology Services
Created2016-04-19 11:40:19Updated2023-09-26 16:58:11
SitesUniversity of Illinois Technology Services
Feedback  0   0