ClassTech, Troubleshooting, Resident PC Display
Troubleshooting steps for resident PC display issues in general assignment classrooms.
To begin, turn the system on by pressing Display On on the control panel or Start with Audio and Video on a pullout touchscreen. Wait 30-90 seconds for the Display On button to stop blinking, or the touch panel to stop counting down. Press the PC button on the control panel.
Once the projector system has finished starting up, press any key on the keyboard to wake the machine if you do not already see the login screen. If you see a blank screen or it appears to be turned off, do the following steps.
Ensure all equipment is powered on:
- Check the PC itself to make sure it is on. The power button should be lit, if it is not then press it to turn it on.
- Make sure the monitor is on. There should be a power button on the lower-right corner of the monitor, press it if it is not already lit.
Ensure that the system is set up correctly:
- To use the PC in the room (the "resident" PC), you should be using the PC input rather than HDMI, VGA, etc.
- Look for a Picture Mute button on the control panel or touchscreen. Turn this setting off if it was on.
- Check for any loose cables on the back of the monitor if there is no image on the monitor.
- Try restarting the entire system.
- Try switching between inputs (for example from DVD back to PC) to refresh the input.
- If you are unsuccessful with all of the above steps, you should do a hard restart of the PC. Press and hold the power button on the PC until the light turns off. Once it is off, you may press the button again to turn it on.