Skype for Business, How to perform a consultative transfer
This page describes how to perform a consultative/announced transfer in Skype for Business
- While in a call with the person to be transferred (incoming caller), use the main Skype for Business window (not the call window) to start a new call with the person to receive the transfer. This will automatically put the incoming caller on hold.
- While consulting with the person to receive the transfer, use the Call Controls button and select Consult.
- The Consult Before Transfering window will open. Select the appropriate user, and click Consult.
- This will open an IM window with a Call button at the bottom. You can either chat over IM or call the user to consult and use the transfer button at the top right corner to complete the transfer or click Back to Call to bring the caller off of hold.
- Once the transfer is completed, both call windows should close.