Learn@Illinois Moodle - Edit Multiple Activities with the Mass Actions Block
Learn how to edit multiple activities at once with the Mass Actions block. This block allows instructors to duplicate, delete, hide, show, move, set stealth mode, delete empty sections, outdent, and indent multiple resources or activities to save you a lot of time when you would otherwise have to do many repeated actions.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleMassActions
Adding a Mass Actions Block
By default, the Mass Actions block should already be added to your course site and can be used by opening the block drawer. If it is not in your block drawer, use the steps below to add it to your course site.
- Go to your course homepage and enable Edit Mode.
- On the right-hand side of the page, click the Open block drawer button.
- At the top of the block drawer, click Add a block.
- From the drop-down menu, select Mass actions block.
- When Edit mode is enabled, the Mass Actions block will appear in the block drawer on the right-hand side of your course homepage.
Using a Mass Actions Block
See below for explanations of all functions.
Methods of Selection
- Select all (blue link)
Selects every activity and resource in your course by filling in the checkbox on the top-left of every activity and resource.
- Select all in section (drop-down)
Use the drop-down to select a particular section work with. Only one may be selected.
- Deselect all (blue link)
Deselects every activity and resource in your course by clearing the checkbox top-left of every activity and resource.
- Manual Selection
Manually check the checkboxes on the top-left of the activities and/or resources that you would like to select.
- Show to students
- Hide to students
- Make available to students (see Using "Make Available" a.k.a. "Stealth Mode")
- Duplicate (within the same section)
- Duplicate to another course (you are enrolled in as a teacher or course administrator)
- Send content changed notification to students
- Changing your Course Format (See what "sections" look like in each of the various themes.)
- Blocks Help
- Instructor Help