Where can I get help as I prepare my online course?
UIC instructors developing online courses can request help with the use of UIC supported technologies and attend webinars and other departmental training. Additionally, courses developed as fully asynchronous with large enrollment may have access to a Course Builder in their college.
- The Online Teaching section of the Technology Solutions website includes course design guides, virtual classroom options, student engagement tools, and more. The page also features links to resources, webinars and tutorials, and information on how to get instructional design and IT support.
- The Basic Steps of Teaching Online tutorial provides best practices, resources, tools, and technologies for activities and assessments that can assist your develop your online course. Access the tutorial here: go.uic.edu/teaching-online-steps.
- Find the right tool for what you want to do in your class with the Teaching with Technology Guide available at: go.uic.edu/TeachingWithTechnology
- Get Troubleshooting Tips on VPN, Blackboard Learn, software, WiFi, virtual lectures using Collaborate, Zoom or Webex, and more through Technology Solutions’s Guide: go.uic.edu/troubleshooting-tips
- Find the answers to the most common questions regarding teaching and learning in this site: UIC Answers Knowledge Base.
LTS SupportFaculty support for teaching with technology (e.g., Blackboard, VoiceThread, Echo360, Panopto, etc.) is available Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Email LTS@uic.edu – Requests are responded to in under two business days unless in-person training/discussion or escalation to the vendor is required.
- Phone 312-413-0003 option 1 – If you leave a message, a ticket will automatically be created on your behalf and we will follow up with you.
- In-Person Support Lecture Center E room E112 – Available only to faculty teaching on campus.
- Instructional Design and Technology Consultations can be made online using the ID Office Hours Booking Calendar.
- Multimedia Consultations can be made online using the Multimedia Booking Calendar.
- Short Term Equipment Lending
- LTS has limited availability of webcams, microphones, document cameras, etc. Email LTS@uic.edu for more information.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 312-413-0003 option 9
- Review the upcoming events here: go.uic.edu/webinars. All faculty and TAs are welcome to attend!
- Enroll in the Overview of Online Instruction course offered through the Illinois Online Network (ION) to learn about key aspects of adaptation to the online environment including course facilitation and course design elements. Learn more at: ec.uic.edu/october-ion-course.
- Email LTS@uic.edu to request specialized training for your college or department.
- Meet with faculty to review the course and the plans for developing the online course.
- Apply the Blackboard course template and populate content areas.
- Organize digital content to ensure the easy location of course materials by students.
- Create multimedia assets that meet accessibility requirements.
- Monitor and respond to faculty requests.
- Assist in the creation of student tutorials/guides.
- Additional support to faculty as requested by the college.