Digital Signage, Creating new templates in Content Manager Desktop
This KB article describes how to create new Templates and Template Categories in Content Manager as implemented by the Digital Signage Service
Before the implementation of Content Manager 5.3 and a shared database model, many users were accustomed to creating new Templates and Template Categories using the main toolbar (e.g. Template -> New and Template -> New Category). With the implementation of the shared database model, this method is no longer available. These options are “greyed-out.”
The reason for this is that using the New Template and New Template Category feature from the main menu attempts to create them at the root level, which is not available for end users in the shared system. Departments can only create new Templates and Template Categories within their own departmental Template Category or a shared Template Category to which they have proper permissions.
Use the Template Panel
Through the Template Panel:
- Click on the tab to ensure that the Template Panel is active.
- Navigate to the desired Template Category (e.g. a department’s category)
- Right click on the Template Category
- Choose either New Template or New Template Category.
- A new Template Category will create a container for templates to be created/moved into.
- A new Template will bring up the Template Editor Tool which can be used to design templates.
- After creating new Template Categories and Templates make sure to save your changes (File -> Save).