How can I track student views of a content item?
This can be accomplished by using Statistics Tracking. The Statistics Tracking feature is for specific content, like one content item or folder and it needs to be turned on in advance to run a report on that one item.
How to Enable Statistics Tracking
Statistics Tracking can be enabled at any time, and will begin collecting data from the moment it is enabled.
Access a Content Area, Learning Module, Lesson Plan, or folder containing the item.
- Click the Action Link for the item to access the contextual menu.
- Select Statistics Tracking.
- Select On to enable Statistics Tracking for the item.
- Click Submit.
In the course area, Enabled: Statistics Tracking will appear below the item name.
How to View Statistical Reports
The report displays three sections of data:
- Access by Date
- Access by Hour of the Day
- Access by Day of the Week.
The Access by Date section displays information for all enrolled users.
1. Access a Content Area, Learning Module, Lesson Plan, or folder containing the item.
2. Click the Action Link for the item to access the contextual menu.
3. Select View Statistics Report. This link is not displayed if Statistics Tracking is not enabled for the content item.
4. On the "Course Reports" page, click the Action Link for Content Usage Statistics and select Run from the contextual menu.
5. On the "Run Reports page", select a format for the generated report from the drop-down list.
6. Type dates in the Select a Start Date and Select an End Date boxes or use the pop-up Date Selection Calendar to select dates.
Note: If you do not select users, the report will automatically run the report with all users. Alternatively, you can specify users in the Select Users list. Press and hold CTRL to select more than one user from the list; for Mac systems, use the COMMAND key.
7. Click Submit to run the report.
On the Successful Run: Content Usage Statistics page, click Download Report to view the results. Depending on the format you selected, you may be prompted by your browser to open or save the file. Use your browser’s print function to print the report. Alternatively, click Run a New Report to change the parameters for the report and run it again.