How to create self-enrollment groups
Self-enrollment groups is one method for group membership
To create a self-enrollment group do the following:
- Create a content area tool link on the menu bar situated on the left hand side.
- Click on the link and in the page the opens select Tools, then click on Groups
- In the Create Link: Group page that opens, locate the "Create New Group or Group Set" option and from the drop down menu select "Self Enroll Group set". Click Go
- In the Create Self-Enrollment Group Set page that opens, fill out the Group Information and set Group is visible to students to "Sign-up Sheet Only".
- Set the Tool Availability information and the Sign-up options. Under sign-up options add the Maximum Number of Members and check the "Show Members" and "Allow students to sign-up from group listings page" options.
- Add the group set options, check the "Create smart view for each group in set" option and click Submit.
- You will now land on the Create Link: Group page. Select Link to a Group or Group Set and select the Group Set you created. Click Next.
- In the page that opens add the Link name and under "Options", set Available to Yes. Your sign up sheets will not be created for the groups.
Learn more about Creating and Managing groups here: https://help.blackboard.com/Learn/Instructor/Interact/Course_Groups/Create_Groups