Learn@Illinois Moodle - Questionnaire Activity
Learn how to use the questionnaire activity to construct surveys using a variety of question types for the purpose of gathering data from users. It can be anonymous, and students can have access to their answers.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleQuestionnaire
Examples of Using Questionnaire Activity
- An anonymous survey that gives back the results to students so they can have access to their answers and gives a completion grade
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I set the Questionnaire to be anonymous?
Yes. In the "Edit Settings" menu under "Response options", set the "Respondent type" to "anonymous".
- Can I grade a Questionnaire activity?
Yes. The Questionnaire activity allows for a completion/submission grade. In the "Edit Settings" menu under "Response options", set the "Submission grade" to the desired point value and save.
- Can I send a follow-up reminder through Moodle to those who have not yet completed my survey?
Yes. Click "View All Responses" and go to the "Non-respondents" tab. Select the students you would like to message, compose the message, and click "Send".
- What question types are available?
Check Boxes, Date, Dropdown Box, Essay Box, Numeric, Radio Buttons, Rate (scale 1..5), Text Box, and Yes/No.
- Can I require answers for certain questions?
Yes. Select "Yes" next to "Response is required" when you are creating or editing the question.
Groups and Groupings
- The Questionnaire activity can be used with separate groups.
- See our Groups and Groupings page for more information.