Learn@Illinois Moodle - Dropping the Lowest Score
To drop a lowest score, you must have category folders set up in the gradebook, and all activities/items in that folder must have the same point values.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleGradebookDrop
- On the menu on the left, click Grades.
- At the top of the screen, click the drop-down box. The box will read whichever page you are currently on, depending on which view you last used. Clicking the box will open a drop-down menu. Select Gradebook setup.
- Go to the category folder of the item you want to drop (e.g. Quizzes). Double check that all activities/items in the category have the same point values. If they don't, change the "Maximum grade" of each activity to be the same. If don't have categories at all, you will need to add a gradebook category and place all of the relevant grade items into that category.
- To the far right of the category folder, click Edit.
- In the drop-down menu, select Edit Settings.
- Under the "Grade Category" section, click Show more to see additional options.
Note: This will work with "Natural (Sum of Grades)" or the various mean Aggregation types.
- In the "Drop the lowest" field, select the number of items you would like to drop the lowest of (e.g., I would like to drop the one lowest quiz, so I will enter a 1.).
- Click Save changes.